Success Stories from Client MBNQA Award Recipients
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center
- MHHCC has received a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) 5-star rating for overall quality of inpatient care since the ratings were released, and it achieved national top-10%, net-positive, value-based-payment performance since 2017. MHHCC has also achieved performance excellence outcomes with zero early elective deliveries before 39 weeks (since 2015), zero pressure ulcers in the Skilled Caring Center (since 2016), zero central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI; since 2016), and zero hospital methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections (since 2015).
- MHHCC’s nationally recognized benchmark performance is demonstrated by an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade since 2016. A 2-year reduction in total harm from 6.2 to 1.1 per 1,000 patient days from 2016 to 2018 was achieved. Bedside medication verification results have exceeded the Leapfrog benchmarks from 2013 to 2018, sustaining a level of more than 97%, and MHHCC has sustained CMS top-10% performance in its PSI-90 patient safety composite results since 2017.
- MHHCC has sustained a dominant leadership position in Dubois Country and its primary market area. Since 2015, MHHCC’s inpatient market share in Dubois County has been greater than 70% and its outpatient market share greater than 80%, with no competitor having more than 10%.
- MHHCC’s percentage of RNs with bachelor of science degrees rose from 50% in 2015 to 62% in the first quarter of 2018, and its RN turnover rate has remained below 2% since the first quarter of 2016, well below the top-10% national level of 8%.
- Truven Health Analytics named Hill Country Memorial (HCM) one of the “Top 100 Hospitals” all three years preceding its Baldrige Award. Becker’s Hospital Review selected HCM as one of its “Top 100 Great Community Hospitals” the year it received the Baldrige Award. What’s more, Healthgrades consistently scores HCM in the top 10 percent nationally for patient safety, general surgery, gastrointestinal care, and joint replacement.
- HCM ranked in the top 10 percent nationally for satisfaction and engagement scores of both employees and independent physicians in 2013 and 2014.
- HCM demonstrated significant improvements in its financial performance over the three years leading to its Baldrige Award. During that period, HCM’s net income increased from $10 million to nearly $20 million, ratios of cash flow to total debt improved from 50 to 60, and ratios of cash and investments to debt improved from less than 1.5 to higher than 3.
Elevations Credit Union
- ECU has been named “Best Financial Institution” by readers of the Boulder Daily Camera for15 of the past 16 years, and repeatedly as “Best Bank,” “Best Mortgage Company” or “Best Customer Service” by readers of the Colorado Daily, Boulder Weekly, Longmont Times-Call and Loveland Reporter-Herald.
- To communicate with and engage its workforce and members, ECU senior leaders use a systematic sequence of integrated monthly forums called the Operational Rhythm. ECU also utilizes social media, all-staff meetings, “Run-the-Business” meetings and “Connect-the-Business” meetings to foster two-way communication with key members and the workforce.
- ECU’s mortgage market production volume increased from 1,123 loans in 2011 to 2,307 in 2014 (annualized). In 2013, ECU produced more mortgage volume in Boulder County than any of its competitors, and during the summer of 2014, captured one-third of all mortgages closed in the county. ECU also is the largest credit union mortgage lender in Colorado.
- ECU strategically leverages social media to build stronger relationships with its members, ranking 16th in the world in social media use by credit unions, according to The Financial Brand’s Power 100 Score. ECU has the 11th most-watched YouTube channel and the 29th most-liked Facebook site for all credit unions worldwide.
- Schneck Medical Center (SMC) consistently demonstrated high levels of performance in relation to patient-focused health care measures in the years leading to its 2011 Baldrige Award, scoring 100 percent on 17 of 22 core measures reported for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in the second quarter of 2011.
- SMC demonstrated role-model performance in maintaining overall rates of hospital-acquired infections at or below 1 percent from 2008 to 2011.
- SMC achieved highly favorable performance on patient satisfaction surveys in the years leading to its Baldrige Award, meeting or exceeding the top 10 percent or top 25 percent levels on nine of ten measures of the national Press Ganey Associates surveys.
- SMC demonstrated excellence in measures of its operating margin, cash flow, and cash position in the years leading to its Baldrige Award, with its reported results comparing favorably to the Standard & Poor’s (S&P) “A” and “AA”-rated median levels.
Boeing Support Systems (Formerly Boeing Aerospace Support)
- Boeing AS earnings have grown at a double-digit average cumulative rate from 1999 to 2002.
- Annual revenue has more than doubled from 1999 to 2003.
- Since 1998, Boeing AS has provided products and services within three days of a request, while competitors take up to 40 days.
- Cash awards paid to employees for extraordinary performance have tripled from 2000 to 2002.
Chugach School District
- Results on the California Achievement Test rose dramatically-in reading, from the 28th percentile in 1995 to the 71st in 1999; in math, from 54th to 78th; and in language arts from 26th to 72nd.
- Fourteen of 17 CSD graduates since 1994 are attending post-secondary institutions, as compared with one between 1975 and 1994.
- In the four subject areas tested in Alaska’s High School Graduation Qualifying Examination, CSD topped the state average.
- CSD led the formation of the Alaska Quality Schools Coalition, and 12 school districts, in and out of Alaska, are replicating the Chugach model.
Harland Clarke – (Formerly Clarke American)
- Since 1996, Clarke American’s market share has increased by 50 percent to its current 26 percent.
- In 2001, more than 20,000 ideas from Clarke American associates were implemented for a cost savings of an estimated $10 million.
- Since 1997, surveys of partner organizations consistently have shown a 96 percent satisfaction rate.
- In 2000, Clarke American associates averaged 76 hours of training, more than the “best in class” companies tracked by the American Society for Training and Development.
Boeing Mobility (Former Boeing Airlift and Tanker)
- In 1996, received the largest contract ever awarded by the U.S. government – a $14.2 bill agreement to deliver 80 C-17s to the U.S. Air Force..
- A&T’s share of the U.S. military airlift market is 84 percent, eight times larger than its nearest competitor.
- The organization reduced time spent on rework and repair by 54% over a five-year period. Net asset turnover has improved by a factor of seven over the same period of time.